Website: miiafrica.org (or machineintelligenceafrica.org)
Email address for funding support and enquiries: email@example.com
The Machine Intelligence Institute of Africa (MIIA) is an African non-profit organization founded by Dr. Jacques Ludik in 2016. MIIA aims to transform and help build an AI-powered Africa through a strong, innovative, and collaborative Machine Intelligence, AI and Data Science community, consisting of individuals and key players in the African Artificial Intelligence Ecosystem. MIIA’s growing network consists of stakeholders in the African AI Ecosystem, including thousands of members as well as key decision-makers in NGOs, NPOs, academia, businesses, and the public sector.
MIIA’s vision is to develop a collaborative impactful African AI Ecosystem in collaboration with a global partner network of excellence that helps to transform Africa and shape a better future for all in the smart technology era by:
- growing and connecting an innovative and collaborative community of machine intelligence, smart technology and data science enthusiasts, practitioners, entrepreneurs and experts across Africa;
- certifying and accrediting of AI-related learning, courses, practical experience and skills on an individual level;
- validating & advising on ethical, robust and trustworthy AI implementations at organizations and businesses;
- establishing smart technology centers of excellence across Africa to deliver smart technology entrepreneurs that helps to transform the African business landscape;
- delivering impactful and transformative sustainability development projects across Africa;
- producing significant research and application contributions to improve the state-of-the-art in Smart Technologies such as Artificial Intelligence; and
- mapping and monitoring the growth and impact of the African AI Ecosystem.
MIIA’s mission is:
- to build a strong and innovative smart technology community to help transform Africa by networking together the critical mass of resources, establish smart technology centers of excellence, promote and sponsor learning activities, and strengthen scientific and technological excellence, thought leadership, mentoring and collaboration on the continent;
- to accelerate and deliver breakthrough smart technology related research and practical applications to solve African problems, support entrepreneurial activity, and help drive long-term inclusive and sustainable scientific, technological and socio-economic development on the continent;
- to map and monitor the growth and impact of the African AI Ecosystem; and
- to partner with governments, business, start-up incubators, NGOs, non-profit organizations, universities, and research organizations to support and help mold the future of Machine Intelligence and Data Science research and applications in Africa.